Cochlear Center Research Day 2023
Interventions for Hearing Loss - Outside the Booth Approaches for Addressing Hearing in Aging Populations
Friday, 28 April 2023, 9 am - 4 pm EDT
Bloomberg School of Public Health, 615 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD, 21205, United States
Join us for Cochlear Center Research Day: Interventions for Hearing Loss – Outside the Booth Approaches for Addressing Hearing in Aging Populations.
Research Day will be held in person in the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health’s Feinstone Hall, and advanced registration is required.
The day begins at 8:15 with breakfast before the formal program starts at 9:00. After welcoming remarks and an overview by Cochlear Center Director Frank R. Lin, MD, PhD, Cochlear Center collaborators will present on equitable and inclusive approaches to delivering hearing intervention.
A keynote address will be offered by De Wet Swanepoel, PhD, of the University of Pretoria, who will present “Breaking Barriers to Better Hearing: Innovations Driving More Equitable Care” in Sheldon Hall as part of Current Topics in Epidemiologic Research.
Stay for lunch and enjoy poster presentations from trainees, junior faculty, and research staff. Research Day concludes with a celebratory happy hour until 3:30.
Schedule & Speakers
8:15 am - Check in & Breakfast
9:15 am - General Welcome & Center Updates from Center Director, Frank Lin, MD, PhD
9:30 am - Collaborator & Cochlear Center Presentations
- Sara K. Mamo, AuD, PhD, University of Massachusetts
- Justin Golub, MD, MS, Columbia University
- Nicole Marrone, PhD, CCC-A, University of Arizona
- Carrie Nieman, MD, MPH, Johns Hopkins University
12:15 pm - Keynote Address in Sheldon Hall - Current Topics in Epidemiolgic Research
- De Wet Swanepoel, PhD, from the University of Pretoria will present "Breaking Barriers to Better Hearing: Innovations Driving More Equitable Care"
1:30 pm - Lunch
2:00 pm - Poster Session & Happy Hour
- 2:00 p.m. - Poster Session A
- 2:45 p.m. - Poster Session B